Financial Services – Transitioning to Free Trade After Brexit
Monday 15th July, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
As the UK prepares to change prime minster and leave the EU, Politeia will discuss the best framework for future UK-EU trade and the steps now needed before a deal is negotiated to keep trade open and free.
The event will mark publication of UK and EU Financial Services – The Legal Framework for Free Trade After Brexit, by Barnabas Reynolds, developing earlier proposals for enhanced equivalence on which HMG’s proposals for future EU-UK trade are broadly based.
He and other speakers will analyse such themes as:
- What transitional framework will best promote the UK’s dynamic financial sector trade, globally and with the EU?
- What final form arrangements would benefit each party?
- What precedents are there for equivalence-based financial services trade ?
- What steps are needed to give business the certainty and security it needs?
Speaking will be:
- Barnabas Reynolds, Author, UK and EU Financial Services – The Legal Framework for Free Trade After Brexit; Shearman & Sterling LLP;
- The Rt. Hon Lord Lilley PC, House of Lords EU Internal Market Sub-Committee
- Trevor Williams, Visiting Professor, University of Derby; Former Chief Economist, Lloyds Bank Commerical Banking (1997-2016)
- The Rt. Hon Nicky Morgan, MP, Chair, Treasury Select Committee
The event will take place on Monday 15th July 2019, 12.30pm – 1.30pm (preceded by a drinks reception). If you would like to attend, please respond to this e-mail by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position, phone number and organisation, and we shall put you on the list. If you would