UK Energy for the Future
What Policy for a Secure and Efficient Supply?
The series provides a forum for politicians and officials who shape policy to discuss the detailed questions with scientists and academic specialists, engineers and industry specialists, as well as business leaders and others with a general interest in the subject. Subjects include:
- Government policy and diversity of energy supply.
- What energy is best to meet industry and domestic needs?
- What role should Shale Gas play in the UK energy mix?
- The UK and Nuclear Energy: Where does its future lie?
- Can renewable energy meet demand at low cost?
- What role can carbon capture technology play alongside fossil fuels?
- What market solutions exist for providing energy given the long-term investment needed?