The UK, the EU – Trade in Goods, Trade in Services
Wednesday 1st May, 7.30pm – 8.30pm
The panel will discuss future trade, considering changes to the legal and regulatory framework for trade in goods and services after the UK leaves the EU. They will explore such matters as:
- Which legal powers exercised by the EU will revert to the UK?
- What will be the legal framework for future trade between the UK and the EU/ third countries after December 2020 in the event of the current Withdrawal Agreement passing into law or otherwise?
- What are the areas of potential difficulty and how can they be resolved?
- How will the post-Brexit trade relationship develop or operate?
Speakers will include:
- Hugh Mercer QC, Essex Court Chambers
- David Collins, Professor of International Economic Law, City, University of London
- Sir Christopher Chope OBE MP, Exiting the European Union Select Committee
If you would like to attend, please respond to this e-mail by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position, phone number and organisation, and we shall put you on the list. If you would like to bring a guest, please let us have the name and contact details.