The Referendum Decision, the UK and the EU – Constitutional, Legal and Regulatory Change
Tuesday 12th February, 7.00pm-8.00pm
As arrangements for leaving the EU are agreed, Politeia’s second event in its current series with BPP Law School, The EU and the UK- Legal Powers Before and After March 2019, will take place on Tuesday 12th February (7.00pm – 8.00pm).
It will consider the future legal and constitutional relationship between both parties and how this might develop and operate. Speakers will discuss such questions as:
- Which legal and constitutional powers are exercised by the EU, which by member states? Which will revert to the UK? What legal framework will there be and how will this differ?
- What will be the legal relationship between the UK and EU after March 2019 (i) in the event of the current proposals for the Withdrawal Agreement passing into law or (ii) there being ‘No Deal’?
- The implications of withdrawal – what areas of potential difficulty are there and how can they be resolved?
Speakers will include:
- Martin Howe QC, 8 New Square
- James Webber, Partner, Shearman & Sterling
- Austen Morgan, 33 Bedford Row
The event will take place on the 12th February 2019 from 7.00pm-8.00pm, with drinks for guests attending from 6.30pm. If you would like to attend, please respond to this e-mail by writing to email@example.com with your name, position and organisation, and we shall put you on the list and send venue details. If you would like to bring a guest, please let us have the name and contact details.