How To Take Back Control
Trading Globally Through the WTO
The Rt. Hon. John Redwood MP
Wednesday 5th December, 5pm-6pm
As MPs debate the government’s proposed Withdrawal Agreement, Politeia will hold a special event, tomorrow, Wednesday 5th December, 5-6pm.
Speakers will include:
- The Rt. Hon. John Redwood MP, Chairman of Conservative Parliamentary Economic Affairs Committee, author, How to Take Back Control: Trading Globally Through the WTO.
- Barnabas Reynolds, partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP, author, Free Trade in UK-EU Financial Services: How Best to Structure a Brexit Trade Deal.
- Dr Sheila Lawlor, Director, Politeia, author, Deal, No Deal? The Battle for Britain’s Democracy.
Speakers will consider the options best for the UK’s economic and trading future, how best to honour the referendum pledge and the implications of the Withdrawal Agreement terms.
- Why have the current withdrawal proposals proved controversial?
- What is the position under Article 50?
- What are the best options for UK trade, globally and with the EU?
- What are the economic implications of WTO Trade for the UK’s services and goods industries?
This event marks publication of John Redwood’s How to Take Back Control: Trading Globally Through the WTO, and at the event the author will develop his proposals for boosting the UK economy, trade and industry and the opportunities opened by restoring self-government.
The event will take place on Wednesday 5th December 2018 at 5pm-6pm. If you would like to attend, please respond to email@example.com with your name, position and organisation, and we shall put you on the list. If you would like to bring a guest, please let us have the name and contact details.
*The Author: The Rt. Hon. John Redwood has been the Member of Parliament for Wokingham since 1987 and is Chairman of the Conservative Parliamentary Economic Affairs Committee. He is a Distinguished Fellow of All Souls, Oxford.
How to Take Back Control: Trading Globally Through the WTO is published by Politeia, 14a Eccleston Street, SW1W 9LT.