The new government takes office at a daunting time for the UK economy and its businesses. Not only did many businesses struggle to return to full production post-pandemic as global suppliers also struggled. But then came the war in the Ukraine exacerbating other problems of inflation and high energy prices.
What therefore should UK policy be? What role does de-regulation play?
On Tuesday 29th November (6.30pm – 7.30pm) Politeia will hold an evening conference to consider the best course. Speaking will be:
- The Rt Hon Lord Frost CMG, Minister of State, Cabinet Office (March-December 2021)
- Roger Bootle, Chairman and Founder, Capital Economics and Honorary Fellow, Institute of Actuaries
Dr Sheila Lawlor, Founder and Research Director, Politeia will introduce and chair.
Speakers will consider the issues from a political, economic and wider business perspective and such questions as:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the UK’s current economic position? How do these compare with those of other G7 economies?
- What steps are needed to promote a strong and dynamic UK economy and business sector?
- What implications will the Brexit Freedoms Bill (Retained EU Law (Revocation and Reform) Bill) have for UK businesses when it becomes law?
The event will take place on Tuesday 29th November 2022, 6.30pm – 7.30pm (drinks from 6.00pm). If you would like to attend email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, position, organisation and daytime contact phone number, and we shall reserve you a place. If you wish to bring a guest, please provide their name and details with email address and daytime contact phone number.