All Change After Brexit? UK State Aid
What Rules, What Law?
Wednesday 12th February, 1-2 p.m.
Steve Baker MP, Chair, European Research Group; Minister, DExEU (2017-18)
James Webber, Partner, Shearman & Sterling; Author, All Change? UK State Aid after Brexit What Law? Whose Courts?
Thomas Sharpe QC, One Essex Court
As talks on a future UK-EU trade deal get underway, one spotlight will be on state aid rules. What role, if any, will EU state aid rules will have after the transition? Or, what system will replace them?
Politeia’s event, on Wednesday 12th February 1-2p.m., will mark its publication of All Change? UK State Aid after Brexit What Law? Whose Courts? by James Webber, a partner of Shearman & Sterling,
Speakers considered questions as:
- How do EU rules currently operate? How extensive are they?
- What implications do EU state aid rules have for the UK?
- How do EU rules differ to those operating under international trade law? How are disputes resolved under each system
- What should the UK system be on state aid rules after the transition or what principles should guide policy?
- What policy will apply to Northern Ireland under the revised Northern Ireland protocol or its replacement?