The UK Economy and Trade – Next Steps for Britain
13th March 2017
As the prime minister, Theresa May, prepares to trigger Article 50 by the end of March, the focus is now on the future of Britain’s economy and trade.
Politieia’s next event, on Monday 13th March, will consider the questions now at the centre of the policy debate:
- How will leaving the EU and the Single Market affect Britain’s economy?
- What impact will there be on UK businesses and industries?
- Will the cost of living go up or down?
- What options are there for UK trade globally and with the EU?
- How can the decision of voters be met politically and legally?
The speakers will be:
- Patrick Minford, Professor of Applied Economics, Cardiff Business School and author of Politeia’s new economic analysis Trading Places
- Kwasi Kwarteng MP, Public Accounts Select Committee
- John Baron MP, Foreign Affairs Select Committee
- Barnabas Reynolds, Head of Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory Group, Shearman & Sterling LLP, and author of A Blueprint for Brexit: The Future of Global Financial Services and Markets in the UK for Politeia
The event will take place on Monday 13th March, 12 – 1pm. If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organisation, position, email address and a daytime telephone contact.